Become a STAR
STARS are required to work a minimum of 12 hours per quarter, or on average 12 shows per year. Typically, STARS work 1-2 events per month, depending on the season. Not all shows are stage productions, so STARS are often called upon to assist a variety of functions, including entertainment shows, graduations, speeches and seminars. Depending on your assigned location on any given event, you can serve as a Ticket Taker or an Usher.
Ticket Takers scan event tickets, hand out programs and provide basic information to patrons as they are welcomed inside the theatre.
Ushers work inside the theatre, helping patrons find their seats and providing assistance in emergency situations. Ushers also help enforce all theatre policies.
- You must be at least sixteen years old (must work with a parent or guardian until 18 years of age);
- Have access to the Internet;
- Be willing to volunteer a minimum of 48 hours per year (12 shows per year on average);
- Be willing to work wherever assigned during an event;
- Be willing to comply with dress code policy;
- Be personable, friendly, and have a welcoming, helpful demeanor;
- Have an enthusiastic spirit for the Performing Arts;
- Attend a 2-hour orientation prior to working any event, plus an annual Emergency Preparedness Training.